话题4:同情 Sympathy(英汉对照)
1.Don't worry.It's their loss.
别丧气,那是他们的损失。
2.Don't worry,things can only get better.
别担心,一切都会好的。
3.Joe is a very sympathetic person.
乔是一个富有同情心的人。
4.Oh,what a shame.
哦,太可惜了。
5.Oh really? I'm so sorry to hear that.
不是吧?真很遗憾。
6.Oh dear,I know you tried your best.
宝贝,你已经尽力了。
7.It must be tough for you.
那你肯定很难受吧。
8.Sorry for your loss.
我为你的损失感到难过。
9.You must be very upset.
你肯定很伤心。
10.You always have my shoulder to cry on .
你总可以靠在我肩上哭泣。
11.You have my sympathy.
我很同情你。
12.Don't you have any sympathy for poor people?
你难道对穷人没有同情心吗?
13.We feel your pain.
我们感受到你的痛苦。
14.We understand your pain.
我们理解你的痛苦。
15.We will put you in our prayers.
我们为你祝福。
16.We are all very sorry for your loss.
我们为你的损失感到抱歉。
17.Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
请接受我最真诚的慰问。
18.That's awful.
真糟糕。
19.That's extremely bad luck.
那真是太倒霉了。
20.That's really unlucky.
真的是很不幸。
21.That's a real pity.
真可惜。
22.What a terrible situation for you.
这可太糟糕了。
23.How terrible for you.
你真够可怜的。
24.Oh no, our deepest sympathy to you and your family.
我们向你和你的家人致以最深刻的同情。
25.You have my deepest sympathy during this tragic time.
我对你的不幸深表同情。
终极加油站:
a very sympathetic person(一个富有同情心的人)have my shoulder to cry on(靠在我肩上哭泣)put sb. in prayers(为某人祝福)