A:I need help. I think my arm is broken.我需要帮助,我的手臂断了。
B:Alright. Have you been to this hospital before?好的。你以前来过这家医院吗?
A:No, I haven't. I need help quick. It hurts really badly.没有。我立刻需要帮助,真的很痛。
B:I understand. It's good you came to the emergency room.我知道,你挂急诊是对的。
A:Let me see a doctor.让我看医生。
B:I'm sorry, sir. You will need to wait at least a short time.We are very busy tonight. There was a big car accident on Highway 106.先生,很抱歉,至少要稍等一下。今晚我们很忙,106 高速公路发生大车祸。
A:I thought this was the emergency room.这不是急诊室吗?
B:It is. But unless you are critically injured, you still need to wait.You aren't bleeding, are you?是的。除非你伤得很严重,不然还是要等。你没在流血吧?
A:No. Only a little. I fell off my porch.还好,只有一点。我从门廊上跌下来。
B:Oh, that's terrible. Is it your right arm or your left arm?真是糟糕。伤到右手臂还是左手臂?
A:My left arm.左手臂.
B:Can you fill out this form then?那么你可以填一下表格吗?
A:No, I can't. I'm left-handed.不行,我是左撇子.
B:That's very inconvenient for you then.You'll probably have a cast on your left arm.那么对你而言很不方便。你的左手臂可能要上石膏。
A:Yes. But why do I have to fill out a form anyway?This is the emergency room.是的,但是为什么还要填表格?这是急诊。
B:Yes, it is. But even in emergency rooms there is some paperwork to be done.Have you ever been in an emergency room before?没错。即使是急诊,还是有些书面工作要完成。你以前挂过急诊吗?
A:No. Just let me see a doctor. I'm worried about my arm.没有。快让我看医生,我很担心我的手臂。
B:Be brave, sir. It won't be long.I will fill out the form for you. What is your name?先生,勇敢一点,不会很久。我帮你填表格,你叫什么名字?
A:Steve Schliessman. S C H L I E S S M A N.史提夫?希士门。S C H L I E S S M A N。
B:Alright Steve. Your social security number?好的,史提夫。你的社会福利号码是多少?
A:349-95-8821.349-95-8821。
B:Do you have medical insurance?你有医疗保险吗?
A:Yes, I do. Blue Cross.有的,蓝十字保险。
B:Do you have your insurance card with you?你有带保险卡吗?
A:No, I don't.没有。
B:Well, you can call it in later. You can phone us.你可以以后再打电话告诉我们。
A:Can I sit down now?现在我可以坐下来吗?
B:First I need to get your address. Try to move your arm as little as possible.我要先写下你的住址。尽可能不要移动你的手臂。