1. Give me some sage advice.
愿听高见。
►sage advice 明智的劝告
sage adj. 贤明的;睿智的 n. 圣人;哲人;德高望重的长者
e.g. Not everybody is a sage. Who can be entirely free from error? 人非圣贤,孰能无过?
2. You need to do an ECG (electrocardiograph).
你得做个心电图。
3. I prefer a clear broth.
我喜欢清汤。
►clear soup 清汤
light soup 也指清汤
4. Rotate your hips, ladys!
姐妹们把胯扭起来!
5. I have one foot in the grave.
我半截身子已经入土了。
6. The team was demoralized.
全队士气大挫。
7. The film is pretty fast and furious.
影片紧凑、刺激。
►fast and furious 飞快地,(游戏、表演等)生动活泼的,喧哗的
>>《速度与激情6》首爆宣传片 火爆公路竞逐(新片速递)<<
8. Teething troubles / growing pains are to be expected.
前期会有一些问题。
►teething troubles 出牙期的病痛;暂时的困难;(项目、创业等遇到的)初期困难,创业阶段的困难
►growing pains 发育期痛,青少年发育期的关节痛;成长的烦恼;(企业、事业等)早期发展中的困难
9. You must banish the thought.
你必须打消这个念头。
10. The bridge was jerry-built.
这座桥属于豆腐渣工程。
►jerry-built adj. 偷工减料的 v.草率建筑,偷工减料地营造( jerry-build的过去式和过去分词 )
e.g. That jerry-built cabin will blow apart in a strong wind. 那间草草建起的小屋一阵强风就会被吹走的。
►jerry-build vt. 草率建筑,偷工减料地营造,粗制滥造