1. We cream off the most brilliant.
我们只挑最棒的。
►cream off [化]撇去乳油;提取(精华),选出(最好的部分),从(交易)中牟取最大利益
e.g. We cream off the best athletes and put them in a special squad. 我们精挑最好的运动员,然后把他们送到特殊运动队中。
2. I looked ludicrous.
我显得跟傻冒似的。
3. You touched a raw nerve.
你犯忌讳了。
►raw nerve 死穴,痛处 (表面意思理解为裸露的神经,不要碰触哦,可不要哪壶不开提哪壶)
4. Wish you a speedy recovery.
祝你早日康复。
5. You can fish in troubled waters.
你可以浑水摸鱼。
►fish in troubled waters 浑水摸鱼,趁火打劫。亦可用 fish in muddy waters。
e.g. It's good fishing in troubled waters. 混水好摸鱼。
6. I don’t want to go to law.
我可不想打官司。
►go to law 打官司,诉诸于法,提起诉讼
e.g. Don't go to law if you can help it. 除非万不得已不要打官司。
7. The pink of perfection!
炉火纯青!
8. She is shy and retiring.
她很害羞。
►这里需要注意一下 retiring,adj. 腼腆的,害羞的,谦让的,独处的;即将退休的
9. The word insubordination is beyond me.
我不知反抗为何物。
10. Simmer gently for 20 m then drain the solution.
文火煎20分钟,然后将药水滗出。