A:Look! Mom, that's amazing! I can't believe the girls have so neat movements.妈妈,快看。那太神奇了!我真不敢相信她们的动作这么整齐。
B:Yeah, they all received very strict training. A minute on the stage takes ten-year practice.嗯,她们都经过严格的训练。台上一分钟台下十年功。
A:And all their movements are so elegant. It seems like dancing in the water.她们的动作那么优雅。看起来像在水中跳舞。
B:Exactly, you know, water ballet puts dancing, music and swimming together.确实,你知道吗?水上芭蕾是将舞蹈、音乐和游泳融合起来了。
A:There you go! Daddy has told me that water ballet is also called Synchronized Swimming.那就是了,爸爸告诉我水上芭蕾又叫花样游泳。
B:That's my boy! Katherine Curtis created this activity in 1920. And in 1984, it was authorized as one activity in Olympic Games.这才是我的儿子。柯蒂斯在1920年创建了这个活动。在1984年,它被正式列为奥林匹克的一项运动。
A:Wow, Mom is more knowledgeable than Dad. I must learn from you.哇,妈妈比爸爸更有知识。我要向你学习。
B:My little boy, you should learn more from me. I'm almost thirty years older than you.小家伙,你应该向我学更多的东西。我可比你大三十岁呀。
A:OK, you're the boss. Look, Mom, one guy has just jumped into the swimming pool.好,听你的。快看,妈妈有个人跳进游泳池里了。
B:Oh, my God. It's so dangerous. And he might break his leg. You mustn't do anything like that.喔,我的天哪!好危险呀!他可能会扭断自己的腿。你不要像他那样做。
易贤下载网:口语入门:水上运动 Water Sports